If you are interested in filing a petition with the VAB for the 2014 tax cycle, you may download the DR-486 form provided below, and mail the completed petiton to the VAB Clerk at 201 S. Rosalind Avenue, 4th floor, Orlando, Florida 32801.
Online filing will be available beginning on March 19. For additional information, you may contact the VAB Clerk by dialing 407-836-7300. We will be more than happy to assist you with your filing needs.
For petitions on the denial of a classification or exemption, or based on an argument that the property was not substantially complete on January 1, the required payment must include:
The Value Adjustment Board (VAB) will conduct its 2013 Final Meeting on March 25, 2014, at 1p.m., or as soon thereafter as possible, in the Orange County Administration Center, 201 South Rosalind Avenue, County Comptroller's Conference Room, Fourth Floor, Orlando, Florida.
The 2013 VAB will consider the following agenda items:
- Approval of the minutes from the August 27, 2013 Interim Meeting of the VAB.
- Discussion regarding SB 568 and SB 806.
- Consider special magistrate recommendations without further hearings, as provided by §194.035, F.S.
- Consider petitions with delinquent tax payments, as provided by §194.014(2), F.S.
- Authorize payment of all expenses of the VAB; and further, bill 2/5ths of those expenses to the Orange County School Board and 3/5ths to the Board of County Commissioners.
- Authorize the Chairman to certify the tax roll.
- Authorize the VAB Clerk to finalize the administrative duties of the VAB for the year.
NOTICE: Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. By consenting to communicate with this office electronically, your e-mail address will be released in response to any applicable public records request.
Commissioner S. Scott Boyd - Commissioner Fred Brummer - School Board Member Daryl Flynn Citizen Member David Robinson - Citizen Member Martin Prague
The Florida Department of Revenue has developed a Uniform Policies and Procedure Manual as prescribed by Section 194.011(5)(b) of Florida Statutes.
For additional information regarding the rules applicable to the requirements for hearings and decisions, you may visit Rule Chapter 12D-10 of the Florida Administrative Code. Specific requirements pertaining to Florida's Government in the Sunshine / open government laws may be found in the Government -In-The-Sunshine Manual.
The following documents (Adobe Acrobat Required) provide more detailed information about Orange County's VAB program and answer Frequently Asked Questions.
|Taxpayer Guide to Evidence Submittal & Other Information||246 Kb|
|2013 Online Tutorial||502 Kb|
|Single Joint Petition (Contiguous) Filing Information||153 Kb|
|Location Map||299 Kb|
|Petition Form (DR-486)||394 Kb|
|Letter of Authorization (LOA)||54 Kb|
|Presumption of Correctness||13 Kb|